This is a salad recipe on a food blog dedicated purely to the junkiest and least healthy junk foods to be possibly consumed by any human being, and I hope you’ll enjoy it. I don’t want to be the blog you blame for giving up on your new year’s resolution to lose weight or eat clean or whatever, so maybe you’ll go for this easy and simple salad in between the chocolate and ice cream that I know you think you’d rather have than this salad.
I actually love spinach, and this bag was on clearance so obviously I took the opportunity to make something healthy for dinner. I have acne problems, too, and spinach is really helpful for that, if you were wondering. It also has iron, and it’s a leaf so you can role-play as a caterpillar while you eat it (a tip I learned from my youngest brother). I don’t want to go off brand here, but like the oranges were canned and probably processed and had a bunch of additives and I even used the syrup in the can so I guess that makes it slightly junky, and you waste nothing. It’s a win-win! Anyways, enough justification. I’m not forcing anyone to be healthy here, I’m just giving you the option.
A Healthy Thing On A Junk Food Blog
- 1 1/2 cups Spinach and Rocket salad mix or whatever- the bag of leaves that’s on sale at your local supermarket.
- 1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges (don’t drain the juice- that stuff is valuable)
- 2-3 tablespoons of finely chopped onion
- 4-5 tablespoon of chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1. Chop your onions and pecans and fish out the oranges with a fork and put them in a bowl with your spinach or leafy green of choice.
2. Mix that up.
3. In another bowl, pour the orange juice/syrup/stuff from the can and balsamic vinegar in with the olive oil and mix it up so that everything isn’t greasy.
4. put it together and be a healthy person for like one meal.
You can eat this for a meal or feed it to guests as a side dish at dinner or pretend to be vegan for like an hour. Enjoy yourself.